"Support for John Simon in opposing the introduction of conscription" Read the full letter
Madeleine (Maddie or Maddy) Orpen was the daughter of Schreiner’s cousin Lily Orpen and her husband Joseph.
- Humanities Research Center, University of Texas at Austin: The HRC, Austin, is one of the world leading locations for archival papers pertaining to literary life and manuscripts across... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- HRC/UNCAT/OS-136:Matjesfontein , Aug 30 / 90 , My Havelock , I’m glad you are having such a good time down at that country place. I hope...
- University of Cape Town, Historical Manuscripts: Manuscripts & Archives at the University of Cape Town is a leading location for accessing archival papers across many per... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- Olive Schreiner BC16/Box1/Fold2/1894/2:Middelburg , Feb 20 / 94, My dear old Man, Thank you, I have your letter, & Fred’s cheque. I shall return the £...
- Olive Schreiner BC16/Box1/Fold2/1895/13:Dear Laddie I should like very much to accept your kind invitation, but I am afraid it may be a little awkward for you if we ...