"Intellect & mothering instinct not at odds, types of minds" Read the full letter
Madeleine (Maddie or Maddy) Orpen was the daughter of Schreiner’s cousin Lily Orpen and her husband Joseph.
- Humanities Research Center, University of Texas at Austin: The HRC, Austin, is one of the world leading locations for archival papers pertaining to literary life and manuscripts across... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- HRC/UNCAT/OS-136:Matjesfontein , Aug 30 / 90 , My Havelock , I’m glad you are having such a good time down at that country place. I hope...
- University of Cape Town, Historical Manuscripts: Manuscripts & Archives at the University of Cape Town is a leading location for accessing archival papers across many per... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- Olive Schreiner BC16/Box1/Fold2/1894/2:Middelburg , Feb 20 / 94, My dear old Man, Thank you, I have your letter, & Fred’s cheque. I shall return the £...
- Olive Schreiner BC16/Box1/Fold2/1895/13:Dear Laddie I should like very much to accept your kind invitation, but I am afraid it may be a little awkward for you if we ...