"Eleanor Marx's death" Read the full letter
François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture (1743 - 1803) was the leader of the Haitian Revolution which resulted in the French slave colony of Saint Domingue achieving independence from France and becoming the worlds first black Republic of Haiti in 1804. Schreiner admired his activities and became interested in biographical accounts of these.
- Cory Library, Rhodes University: The Cory Library, Grahamstown, is a rich resource for books and archival papers pertaining in particular to the history of th... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- G.W. Cross MS 14, 462/15:The Homestead , Saturday night, Dear Friend, Thankyou for your letter. I have of late a curious increasing clinging to all my...
- National Library of South Africa, Cape Town: Special Collections at the NLSA provide one of the leading locations for archival papers across many periods, organisations a... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- John X. Merriman MSC 15/1897:17:Grand Hotel , Alassio , Riviera , Italy , April 3rd 1897, Dear Mr Merriman , I have just got your letter of March 1st. I am i...
- John X. Merriman MSC 15/1912:122:De Aar, July 2nd 1912, Dear Mr Merriman, It would be impossible for me to tell you the depression I felt when I heard Hertzog...