"Objects to Rhodes's money" Read the full letter
Percival Ashley Chubb (1860 - 1960) was a prominent British Fabian. He was a member of the Progressive Association and a founder member of the Fabian Society. He also belonged to the London branch of the Fellowship of the New Life. Chubb published on the writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
For further information see:
Norman MacKenzie (1979) “Percival Chubb and the Founding of the Fabian Society” Victorian Studies 23, 1, pp.29 - 55
- Humanities Research Center, University of Texas at Austin: The HRC, Austin, is one of the world leading locations for archival papers pertaining to literary life and manuscripts across... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- HRC/CAT/OS/4a-x:Monday, I so sorry you have to go to Foulgers. Wanted to meet you at National at four, because if I go out early my whole day...
- HRC/CAT/OS/4a-vi:Alassio , I’m going to send some more little allegories to send to papers It’s not waste of time writing them, be...
- HRC/UNCAT/OS-113:Alassio , April 12 / 87 , My darling Boy, how much you have suffered mentally through me; & still to a certain extent do ...
- Sheffield City Libraries, Archives & Local Studies: Edward Carpenter Collection, Archives & Local Studies, Sheffield City Libraries: The Edward Carpenter Collection is held ... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- Edward Carpenter 359/10:[page/s missing] I would take your face close up to mine & make it warm. , I am well going to make my book splendid if I...