A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Louie Ellis was a sister of Havelock Ellis. Schreiner came to know Louie in the context of her friendship with Havelock Ellis, and Louie was subsequently separately in correspondence with Schreiner. While none of Schreiner’s letters to Louie survive, three of Louie’s letters to Schreiner are archived with the Ellis materials in the Harry Ransom Center collection. Schreiner’s letters to Havelock Ellis make frequent and affectionate mentions of Louie, and Schreiner seems to have particularly encouraged Louie in her haute couture dressmaking career. After her departure for South Africa in 1889, Schreiner continued encouraging well-to-do friends such as Mary Sauer to employ Louie Ellis as a dressmaker.
- National Library of South Africa SCCS Extracts: See Major Collections for details of the NLSA in Cape Town. The Extracts are precisely that, many hundreds of snippets mainly... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- Humanities Research Center, University of Texas at Austin: The HRC, Austin, is one of the world leading locations for archival papers pertaining to literary life and manuscripts across... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- National English Literary Museum, Grahamstown: The National English Literary Museum is the leading location for collections pertaining to the imaginative and creative writi... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- National Library of South Africa, Cape Town: Special Collections at the NLSA provide one of the leading locations for archival papers across many periods, organisations a... Show/Hide Collection Letters
- Sheffield City Libraries, Archives & Local Studies: Edward Carpenter Collection, Archives & Local Studies, Sheffield City Libraries: The Edward Carpenter Collection is held ... Show/Hide Collection Letters